Sometimes you need a cracker in your life but you don’t want dairy, gluten or sugar or you just want something super tasty! These are amazing and you can bling them up if you like. Here’s the basics and then see below for variations.
- ½ Cup Flax Seeds
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ Cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup of Water
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Combine all ingredients (except for salt) in a bowl and soak for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Spread out to cracker thickness on a non stick tray or a tray with baking paper
- Score the mixture once it’s spread out so that you can easily break the crackers up
- Put as much salt as you like
- Bake until the moisture dries out and the crackers are crispy
- Cool on a wire rack
- Store in an airtight container
- I will break off the outside crackers as they start to dry up and break the remaining ones up and spread them out on the tray so they start to dry out quicker. I sometimes turn them over as well if they are slow to dry out.
- Mix other kinds of seeds or herbs or stuff in for flavour – cumin seeds for example or basil and sundried tomatoes. Why not get creative once you have nailed the basic idea?
- You can sprinkle cheese over the top. Parmesan works well but then you want to eat them a bit quicker – they don’t store as long or stay as crispy.