Remember the pie your mum used to make with bacon and white flour and cheese? I do! It was good but this one is better. I never use measures and I just play around with how this pie feels but here’s my best attempt to put some measures on it.
- 3 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 7 Eggs
- 1 Cup Besan (Chick Pea) Flour
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Chia Seeds
- ¾ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Use some extra sesame oil to spread around the pie dish
- Grate the zucchini and carrot
- Wisk or beat the eggs with a folk
- Throw everything together and put it in the pie dish
- Top with sesame seeds
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until firm to touch
- Pie usually slices better once it has cooled a bit. The chai seeds help the pie to soak up some of the moisture and stick together without using cheese as ‘glue’ so if you decide to put cheese in your pie then you could skip the chia seeds. The nutritional yeast brings the flavour of cheese but is non dairy.
- I use different things to flavour this pie. You don’t have to use chili and cumin. You can use cheese and rosemary or curry powder. It really doesn’t matter. Get creative!